What's new

PP-Halos?

pvclobster

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know it's a flower shot, and that there tend to be way to many on the forum. But-I'd love some photoshop advice. When I selected the flower in this picture to change the lighting, I seem to have gotten a bit of a halo around it as well. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? Thanks!

Original:
DSC_0316-1.jpg


Processed:
DSC_0316.jpg
 
I can't really see the halo that you are talking about, where exactly are you seeing it?
 
I'm generally the first to pick out any graphical errors due to photoshopping, however the only thing I am seeing is an amplified blur on the edge of the flower due to sharpening and brightening.

Are you sure it is a halo you are seeing?
 
Now that I look at it again (I really should stop editing photos late at night), you guys are totally right. Is there anything I can do about the ca, or am I just stuck with it?
 
If you're good with a brush, you can create an adjustment layer, mask in the CA afflicted areas, and try to tone correct by applying that mask to a layer filled with the opposite color the CA is.

I'm sure there are easier ways, I just come from a school of thought that tells me to use as little automated procedures as possible xD
 
If you have LR3, there is Lens Correction, which will help reduce if not eliminate the CA seen in your shot.

It is auto or manual depending on which camera/lens you shot this with.
 
I'm using photoshop elements, and have almost no experience with using it. Maybe when I have a chance I'll mess with the idea of using the opposite color. Thanks for the suggestions!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom