Practice makes perfect (or permanent.)

dancingsphinx22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
melchelle.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To be honest, I'm still struggling with exposure, aperture and bracketing. I thought I had it down but, during a recent excursion, my pictures came much out darker than I wanted. :blushing: I'm doing research though, and plan on checking out that book Ottor mentioned earlier.

So I'm wondering, what was (or still is) the hardest aspect of photography for you to learn, or learn to utilize, and how did you over come it?

Thanks,
~M

So I'm wondering, what was (or still is) the hardest aspect of photography for you to learn, or learn to utilize, and how did you over come it?

Thanks,
~M

I go to fast...and I do it all the time. I can look at any single shot I take and find what I did wrong in it... and its always something I could have avoided if I would have just slowed down and thought it through.

I just get in a rush to start hitting the shutter button that I almost always "forget" something important... the back ground, the ISO, the white balance, shutter speed, using a tri pod, shadows, when to use the flash.... If I were to just take the time to slow down and go through the check list in my head to cover all those bases, I'd be a much better photographer.

And its always something different... I can take 50 pictures with perfect exposure and then later on look at it... and notice that there is a fat guy in the back ground with a giant ketchup stain on his shirt. Or spend a bunch of time struggling getting a fast enough shutter speed or large enough aperture... only to realize an hour later that my dumbass had the ISO set at 200 at an indoor music recital.

This is a tough one. Lots of challenges, I will not claim to overcome any, I'm just betting better. As you say 'practice' :)

For me it's composition. I'm a very left-brained person. Facts I can absorb like a sponge. Kicking my right brain in gear and getting my creativity going is another issue entirely.

just like you i have troubles with exposure,aperture,shutter speed...blah blah blah

still havent overcome that yet,lol

Thanks,
~M
Finding interesting subject matter, and presenting it in an interesting way.

+1 to the bitter jeweler :)

And at the moment the big one for me is flash photography :D Im getting used to it really fast, going through batteries like crazy and always looking for stuff to be my models. (Thank goodness for barbie dolls and stuffed animals!)

One of the things I find "most" difficult is focus and getting the right DoF. They say practice makes perfect though... So I keep trying. :)

Also, I agree with Bitter...

Finding interesting subject matter, and presenting it in an interesting way.

Most reactions

Back