Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_4059 (2).JPG
Any tips or comments well appreciated..
DSC_3974 (2).JPG
DSC_4058 (2).JPG

Nice set there. I like the fan-tail in #2 and the pose with one leg up in #3. It looks like you caught him sneaking up on something. I think they look great, nice job.

Nice set there. I like the fan-tail in #2 and the pose with one leg up in #3. It looks like you caught him sneaking up on something. I think they look great, nice job.
Thank you so much.. my first try at this ..

So, what are your thoughts about manual ?
My thoughts...... so far are I am in training and because it is training i am taking my time and allowing myself imperfections......but very happy when i succeed .. It truly is harder to go through all the steps and rely on your eye alone as you manually focus.. It does seem to be more challenging and rewarding when you get it right on..Of course i am not there yet!! Thanks

In my days of shooting film before AF, I relied on pre-focusing on a target area ... and waiting (this was for shooting wildlife). You do not have the advantage of the microprism or split screen assistance that we had (though my Minolta Maxxum AF camera has one).

Well done.
Are you also using manual exposure control in tandem ?

In my days of shooting film before AF, I relied on pre-focusing on a target area ... and waiting (this was for shooting wildlife). You do not have the advantage of the microprism or split screen assistance that we had (though my Minolta Maxxum AF camera has one).

Well done.
Are you also using manual exposure control in tandem ?
Thank you.. i am trying this too.. And sometimes i do set up a visual target knowing that sooner or later the real target will be there.. just kind of a pre-test since i do not want to miss something too good..

Not bad, you're getting there. Are you shooting hand held or using a tripod? 1/500th is probably ok if the subject is sitting still and you can hold the camera still @ 300 mm but it appears a faster s.s. would've made any detail sharper. Try 1/1000th or higher.

t
Not bad, you're getting there. Are you shooting hand held or using a tripod? 1/500th is probably ok if the subject is sitting still and you can hold the camera still @ 300 mm but it appears a faster s.s. would've made any detail sharper. Try 1/1000th or higher.
thank you ..will try this setting today..hand held....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back