Prairie Dog Photos

jasonmb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my younger sister has a pet prairie dog and one day I was bored messing around taking photos of it.
Let me know what you think and if they look good or if there is anything I should change/work on when taking photos.
It was rather hard to catch the little devil still so a lot of the photos I took were no good but these are some of the better ones. :)

$IMG_6129.jpg$IMG_6131.jpg$IMG_6136.jpg$IMG_6137.jpg$IMG_6139.jpg$IMG_6140.jpg$IMG_6143.jpg$IMG_6144.jpg

I feel like I may have done too much editing on some or just tweaked them a weird way when trying to bring the color out more and make them a little more clear. Opinions? Two more coming in next post.

$IMG_6145.jpg$IMG_6158.jpg

I think these two may have been edited too much :/

Any feedback or tips? :/

A paradise dog is such a sweet looking pet. Id love to put it on a leash lmao. Sorry im a noob and cannot offer much feedback as I have an untrained eye. I do think the first one on the last post has a bit of a halo effect. Other th. That they seem pretty nice and clear

Edit: not so much a halo effect as I look again lol. Im on my phone :p

If you want to encourage people to C&C your pics, you should post not so many haha.
The lighting seems a bit harsh on some on them. I think the best out of the bunch would be the last one you posted; well composed but even then it's OOF.

Just my thoughts :)
What type of camera are you using?

haha Yea, that's probably true :p

I'm pretty new to photography, and I don't know much at all about techniques or anything except for what I've figured out myself and I feel looks good so I've just been messing around and wanted to see what people thought. lol Yea I was thinking the lighting may be weird on them. These photos were all taken when I was kinda just messing around, the editing I wasn't sure what looked best.

As for the camera, I don't even know.. lol I've been using my little sister's camera. It's a nice one I think, but I'll have to find out the name of it and get back to you on that lol I hope to buy my own soon when I can afford to. :/

Images are not bad for me... but too tight cropping in all....
#6 gives a very good eye contact....
Is this dog belongs to rodent family ???

regards :D

Oh yea, I wasn't much a fan of how the photos were cropped either. I mean, I didn't do any cropping during editing but when I was taking them that little thing would never stay still so it was hard for me to get a good shot while I was going for close ups. lol Quite a few of the pictures I took during this I can't even use.

And yes, I'm pretty sure prairie dogs are part of the rodent family but don't quote me on that. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back