Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
bAldilj.jpg

vslx2iF.jpg

jLZqCCn.jpg

Could you give some feedback?

Thanks! :icon_thumleft:

Excellent color and post. If only the tree in the first was not centered. If only the horizon was not centered on all of them. Really nice shot, but the centering issues detract considerably. I think. The last is probably okay with the centered horizon, but maybe just barely.

Excellent color and post. If only the tree in the first was not centered. If only the horizon was not centered on all of them. Really nice shot, but the centering issues detract considerably. I think. The last is probably okay with the centered horizon, but maybe just barely.

Thank you for your feedback! What do you mean by the horizon centered? Is it because the sky and land are like 50-50?

Nice Set, #3 I would crop out the telephone pole.

The first one doesn't really say "Prairie" to me - 2 and 3 okay - I live in the foothills of the Rockies, so I do know a bit about prairies. As far as the 50-50 split - horizon line running right down the middle of the image - this is not usually the best place to put the horizon unless there is a really definitive reason for doing so, such as shoreline trees reflecting in the lake water.

Since you have named these images "Prairie", then this suggests to me that you want to give more emphasis to the land as opposed to the sky. If this were mine, then I would move the horizon line so that it is about one-third of the way from the top instead of half way down the image. By having the horizon in the centre, it tells the viewer that you aren't really sure what part of your image is the more important part - sky or land. I will admit though that sometimes on the prairies, the sky can be quite impressive. If that were the case, then move the horizon down so that the line is about one-third of the way up from the bottom of the image and call the images "Prairie Sky".

In either case, in these images, I would add a bit more contrast to the sky as there are some decent clouds there that should be seen by the viewer. I find in my prairie photography, that often the clouds make the picture. IMHO, there is nothing more boring than a flat prairie landscape with no clouds. :biggrin-93:

Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back