Praying mantis

While I personally find these guys/gals creepy and a bit frightening, I still love photographing them up close and personal as you have. Great job, and welcome to the forum.

While I personally find these guys/gals creepy and a bit frightening, I still love photographing them up close and personal as you have. Great job, and welcome to the forum.
Thank you sometimes the things I photograph are strange, but I also find them interesting and can learn a lot about how they behave.

Great detail on the victim (bee?). I'd have liked a bit more dof to get the more of the head of the mantis in focus but as K above infers, always good to see nature having a munch. (He eats a lot of fries BTW. I've seen a foto of him:D).

Red in tooth and claw.

Great image.

My son had a pray mantis years ago in a plastic "cage" It actually made a few egg nests and those gave birth to tons of little baby ones. It was kinda amazing and creepy in ways.

Great image.

My son had a pray mantis years ago in a plastic "cage" It actually made a few egg nests and those gave birth to tons of little baby ones. It was kinda amazing and creepy in ways.
Didn't he have two?
we may have, I don't remember anymore as that was several years ago. But I think you're right .. as we had a couple of those plastic cage things I threw out the other year. I still have pictures I've come across from time to time.

Great image.

That is really cool I have only ever seen one little one guess cause they are so small.

Great image.

That is really cool I have only ever seen one little one guess cause they are so small.
here's a couple pictures of the momma and the babies.
upload_2021-2-13_20-57-18.png

upload_2021-2-13_20-58-17.png

Most reactions

Back