Presslite VerteX

white russian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
webdemo001.jpg

www.presslite.com/3ddemo.php

Has anyone else had the chance to try out the VerteX by Presslite. I had the opportunity to get the product before it went on sale. Here are two for the first reviews that hit the net.

http://www.cameratown.com/reviews/review_listing.cfm/hurl/id|4456
http://photoserg.blogspot.com/2008/09/review-of-presslite-vertex.html

Anyone think they might get it? For its price, I think its totally worth it to add it to your photography arsenal. You get a lot of lighting control.

Serg

I've read some discussions about it...
It seems pretty gimmicky to me. It looks pretty flimsy and not all that easy to adjust properly on the fly.

I'd like to hear some first hand reviews though.

I can vouch for it. I actually smacked it against the door and it is still in perfect working condition. I have a couple of sample photos of it on my blog. I am by no means a professional photographer but I thought it worked great when I did my shoot. When you couple it with something to bounce of, you can pretty much pack light when doing a photo shoot outside.

As far as working with it on the fly, I honestly think, like many things in life, all it takes is practice until you become naturally good at it. Believe me, my first shoot, I was stumbling around. But then again this was my first photo shoot in some time.

I've read some discussions about it...
It seems pretty gimmicky to me. It looks pretty flimsy and not all that easy to adjust properly on the fly.

I'd like to hear some first hand reviews though.

I have this light modifier. I find it to be build very well. I agree, it does look fragile, and I did hesitated about getting it. But now I say it won't go down easily :)
Here is my PRESSlite Vertex review.

presslite-vertex-flash-reflector-8.jpg
presslite-vertex-flash-reflector-7.jpg

Hope you find this useful.

Last edited:
I have it and love it! This thing is amazing at what you can do with it. I was at a wedding and the pro was walking around with what looked like a basket on her camera. She had to keep doing things to it for whatever reason. Me, I would just move it a little and bingo! So simple a caveman can do it. lol

You should try doing some of the tips they tell you. Like going to a wedding before and seeing what color the ceiling is and taking a picture of it then printing it out on a heavy paper and inserting it in the panels. When you go to take the pictures at the wedding you will get the natural color bounce for your flash.

For me it is one of the best investments I made for my camera.

Most reactions

Back