Deon Reynolds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.deonreynolds.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

I’m curious if anyone has good, bad or indifferent experiences with Print on Demand sources? The feedback I’m looking for would be concerning print quality (sharpness/clarity) and colour accuracy. Did they get the book the way you envisioned? Plus, any funny business practices one should be aware of.

Since I have had zero work due to the pandemic, I’ve been working on creating books as a way of promotion. I have designed the first book and made all of the RGB to CMYK conversions. So, it’s ready to go. At the moment I'm thinking of using book baby. I've used Apple and Blurb and don't think to highly of the quality. The first book is fairly commercial as I have a client who wishes to buy hundreds of them, if I can get them to out before the holidays, so they can give them to their stock holders. Subsequent books are far more esoteric. Art oriented imagery centring around our travels around the USA and Canada over the past two years. These will be the fun ones...

Thank you in advance,

Deon

What did you end up using and how did they turn out?

I used mpix for photos this year and they turned out great. I’ll try my next photo book through them.

I've had great experience with blurb. I print a book each year. Did you export and size your files correctly?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

which of the two discussed companies also sells copies of your photo book to other people? i know some on demand places i looked into do that little practice.

What did you end up using and how did they turn out?

I used mpix for photos this year and they turned out great. I’ll try my next photo book through them.
Thank you and sorry for the slow response! I ended up using BookBaby. The colour looked great, but I am still not satisfied with sharpness/clarity. I quizzed them on the sharpness and their response was it doesn't get any better than this...

Attachments

• 210219096.jpg
    210219096.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 52
which of the two discussed companies also sells copies of your photo book to other people? i know some on demand places i looked into do that little practice.
BookBaby sells through their own book store, but quality varied too much from book to book I just ordered several hundred and mail them out myself. That way I can sign them as well.

Most reactions

Back