Print size vs. Picture size (Q.)

JayJay65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys..

Already, heres whats going on.. Tomorrow is going to be the first time I get my pictures printed.. I've got money to get a few 8" x 10" print, but I was wondering this..

If one of my favorite pictures (which is 748 x 1268) I want to get printed at 8" x 10", does it matter that the picture is bigger up and down.. Basiclly, does the picture have to be porportional to the print size?

Answer asap would be appreated alot.. & wish me luck!!

-Jess

If the picture does not match the print size it will be arbitrarily cropped at the lab. The best approach is to size it yourself in Photoshop to 8" by 10" before taking it to the lab. Then you have total control of the cropping or sizing.

skieur

so your saying it does have to be porpotional?

ex: the picture can be (pixels:) 800 x 1000 and it'll be fine?

so your saying it does have to be porpotional?

ex: the picture can be (pixels:) 800 x 1000 and it'll be fine?
No, it'll look way too pixelated.

You have to time the paper sizes by the pixel per inch you prefer, lets say 300 ppi for starters. That way you get 2400 pixels x 3000 pixels.

Go into photoshop or another image editing program and then manually crop it to the 3:2 ratio, and while in there resize it to the required dimensions in inches x300ppi. An 800x1000 image upsides to 2400x3000 will look significantly better then printing just the original as printers will not normally resample the image. I know our local Rabbit photo doesn't anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back