Printing photos crop off

Are you sizing your files to the aspect ratio of the print before sending them off?

I cropped the photo to 4x6 aspect ratio to print on 4x6 photo paper.
That should be ok; are you actually buying/getting 7"x5" prints instead?

I tried both home print and store print. Both printed out the setting 4x6 format. I guess it should be okay just a little cut off.

Are you printing the images full bleed or with a border?

In my experiences, printing isn't a super exact process, so if there's a tiny amount chopped of an edge, it wouldn't surprise me.

If you have critical stuff on the edges of the photos, you may try sizing down to like 5.8" x 3.8" or something like that and print it in the center.

Looks like the pictures cut off about 1/16 inch. Sometimes the subjects get cut off on the corner and the edge.

This is just what it is. Priniting is not a precise process unless you spend precise kind of money. Otherwise you just have to deal with close enough.

Looks like the pictures cut off about 1/16 inch. Sometimes the subjects get cut off on the corner and the edge.
Yep, I print borderless.

Thats normal the printer needs to do that to insure that the prints are borderless.

At 1/16th of an inch you are bing quite nit picky. If anything so important in the images is that close to the edges then you are probably cropping to tight.

If you are dead set in getting perfect borderless you will need to place your image on a white background in photo shop and then print on bigger paper.

Yep, I print borderless.

Thats normal the printer needs to do that to insure that the prints are borderless.

At 1/16th of an inch you are bing quite nit picky. If anything so important in the images is that close to the edges then you are probably cropping to tight.

If you are dead set in getting perfect borderless you will need to place your image on a white background in photo shop and then print on bigger paper.

Like I said before, the subject get cut off on the corner and edge. I wasn't being nit picky. The reason I cropped tighter is I don't want to show other subject.

There are times when I use PS Elements to crop to a specific size, typically 4x6 or 5x7 for printing, and when I use some freebie Hewlett Packard "album" printing software I got with an old printer maybe 6-7 years ago, and then print on my Epson RX 580 using the Epson printer driver software they provided, sometimes the edge of the picture isn't quite where I wanted it to be. Most of the time, it's of no consequence.

But there are times that I'm intentionally trying to crop out some distracting element (such as a wall sconce, sign, person in the background, etc) at the very edge of the desired crop. And I get a sliver of the sign, or whatever printed. So, I simply re-crop the picture in PSE (NOTE: NEVER save the cropped picture 'on top of' (eg, replace) the uncropped version!) moving the crop boundary a little more left or right as needed, to offset the slight difference to what's being printed.

Having multiple software products from multiple vendors all trying to 'talk' to each other is like trying to make a mixture of automobile parts/companies all work together in a single car. Some compromises have to be made.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back