Printing questions

Sirene

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
-Do you feel it is less of hassle to make prints and frames from a lab then printing from you home’s printer, when you want to sell those ?

- If you get your prints and frames from a website (like Shutterfly) do you make it shipped to you and then ship it back to your client, as I feel if it’s shipped directly from the website it does not look professional, it would feel more like publicity for Shutterfly than your own business, I feel.... and you cannot add your personal touch, like a printed note or something.

-How do you feel about the Epson Stylus Photo R280 printer, it is not expensive, but would you use it to make prints for clients ?

Thanks guys for your input ;)

I have a professional lab print my photographs, I frame them, package them up and ship them to my client with my card and info. You can't print an image as well as a pro lab can unless you have a very high end printer. I like silver halide prints, so that is what I get.

You can out spend yourself quikly if you are printing and framing yourself. Especially with the cost of ink. Unless you are doing enough at a substanial profit, I would suggest using a lab.
Never direct ship from a third party! Some will disagree with this but I want to see and be sure my client is getting a good quality product.
Not familiar with the printer so someone else can adress that.

Thanks guys !

Some sites can b setup to b virtualy invisable u can upload your photos and have your own site adress and u can have the prints shipped to your clients from good labs like mpix in unmarked shipments. ie. zenfolio

Hi,

The Epson Stylus Photo R280 printer is a Ultra hi-definition photo printer.

This printer is available at very lowest price with good photo print quality &

can be affordable. Its the fast, easy way to achieve extraordinary results.

Laser Printer

ALWAYS deliver the final product yourself. There's a lot of reasons-

1) Final quality control of the finished product
2) It's really not the customers business where the work was done. If they get a great set of pictures and the price was commensurate with the quality, they'll be happy.
3) Why give the printer free advertising?
4) Avoid awkward situations like them including an invoice with the pictures and "You only paid $XX for the prints, you already own the camera! You ripped me off!"

Yada yada yada.

Great, thanks Denny !

Most reactions

Back