Printing service

morfeus80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody,

I'm going to print my photos, but a lot of them haven't a normal size ratio (2/3 3/4 ...) because I cropped them. It looks like most of the normal online printing service will cut a part of my pictures, but I don't want this.

Do you have idea how I can do?

Is there any service where I can specify the DPI resolution instead than the final size of pictures?

Thank you everybody!

Most print labs will be set up to print on specific sized paper but they may be willing to do custom size for you. I'd suggest calling them up, or using a local lab so that you can talk to someone face to face.

If you need to use an on-line printing service, then I'd suggest that you take your cropped image and put it onto a larger, standard sized canvas. Then ask them to cut it, or just cut it yourself. For example, if your image is 14.5" x 17", then just put it onto a canvas that is 16x20 and leave the blank space white, then cut the space off.

Like Mike said:

Just order the odd size, cropped image on the next larger size paper it will fit on.

If the print lab is like most, the image is centered on the paper and will have white border around the edges since it's on oversize paper.

Trim the white border away.

Last edited:
Thank you guys, I'll try to speack with the man of the local lab, else I'll change the canvas and cut it later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back