Printing with noise? Could use some help..

iAstonish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Desean Butler's emotional farewell | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I would really like to use this photo as a print. It's part of an interview/portfolio review I have with a University and I feel it depicts everything they asked for in the assignment. (They asked for a shot that shows a display of passion)

My problem is the obvious noise in this image. I tried removing it in photoshop to no prevail. Would the noise escalate to a higher, more noticeable degree when printed? I feel that this specific photo showcases more than any other I've taken more technically sound.

Thanks in advance for any help.

try topaz denoise

you can download a trial version

Thanks, I'll try that out and see how it works.

Desean Butler's emotional farewell | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I would really like to use this photo as a print. It's part of an interview/portfolio review I have with a University and I feel it depicts everything they asked for in the assignment. (They asked for a shot that shows a display of passion)

My problem is the obvious noise in this image. I tried removing it in photoshop to no prevail. Would the noise escalate to a higher, more noticeable degree when printed? I feel that this specific photo showcases more than any other I've taken more technically sound.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Which Photoshop did you use?

The noise reduction tool in ACR 6.2 is pretty good of you've got a Raw data file.

Topaz Denoise is pretty good, as is Imagenomics Noiseware Pro.

Last edited:
My advice is try printing - noise reduces a lot when a photo is printed. Of course this partly depends on the scale you are printing to so testing out is a good first move and means that you might not need as much noise reduction - which will help save some resolution and sharpness to the photo.

Most reactions

Back