Prints from Online Sources

Clutch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a couple of questions that I'd like y'all's feedback on:

1) Do any of you have prints made from online photo labs?

2) If so who do you use?

3) Are you pleased with the printing they do? (i.e. good color and saturation, exposure, etc)

4) Do you upload the full file or a re-sized copy?

5) Is it easy to return prints to have them reprinted darker or lighter, etc.?

6) Are they consistent in their printing? In other words if I have a print made today will it look the same if I order a reprint a few months from now.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated before I start having prints made... if I can decide on one of the myriad of online labs!

Thanks in advance.

I will be watching this thread, because I have been wondering where to get it done also.

I have had a few people recommend White House Custom Colors to me...but I dont know much about them.

I have only just started to print out some photos on my own little printer at home. I've never sent them online to a printer.

That said, the two that I always see mentioned here is MPix and Snapfish. Now that I am much happier with my shots, I plan on sending a few to MPix to check them out and to check out my photos in 8x10 print.

I have a couple of questions that I'd like y'all's feedback on:

2) If so who do you use?

3) Are you pleased with the printing they do? (i.e. good color and saturation, exposure, etc)

6) Are they consistent in their printing? In other words if I have a print made today will it look the same if I order a reprint a few months from now.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated before I start having prints made... if I can decide on one of the myriad of online labs!

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes.
2. mpix.com
3. Extremely.
4. You can do full res and crop for individual print sizes when you order. I edit and resize for specific print sizes before I upload.
5. Yes. But they personally check each image for exposure, color accuracy, sharpness, etc. Check their website for more details.
6. Yes. It says on their website in the Help section "An experienced color technician reviews every order you submit to us." You have the option not to color correct also, but I dont know why anyone would want that if mpix will automatically do it for free.

I sound like a poster boy for mpix, but I assure you I am not. Im just a happy customer. You can also do a search for mpix on this forum to get lots of past opinions on them. :)

Hope this helps.

Yes.
2) If so who do you use?
Winkflash.com and Mpix.com are both reliable and quality printers
Definitely, better than I can get at any photo store around here.
Resized.
I'm not sure, but the customer service is usually good.
Yes, pretty much.

Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I think I'm going to upload a few images to each and give them a good QC and make my decision from there. Y'all are the coolest... well, ok, second coolest! ;)

1) Do any of you have prints made from online photo labs? Kinda

2) If so who do you use? ritz

3) Are you pleased with the printing they do? (i.e. good color and saturation, exposure, etc)Extremely! I have never been unsatisfied with there work

4) Do you upload the full file or a re-sized copy?full size

5) Is it easy to return prints to have them reprinted darker or lighter, etc.?they haven't given me a problem yet. My monitor was adjusted very bright from a dark video I was watching and I forgot to turn it back. When I sent it in I received 2prints back with a note attached saying, These prints were a little dark. I did not know if that was the way they were meant to be so I printed them and then sent a adjusted copy along.

6) Are they consistent in their printing? In other words if I have a print made today will it look the same if I order a reprint a few months from now.I just had a second copy of a family portrait made from Christmas. It looked the same as it did back in december.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back