Problem with posting

Wilynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem posting.

The problem is that I have to log in every time I want to reply to a post. I never log out when I'm here reading and posting. I log out when I leave the site, not during.

But that doesn't matter. I still am commanded to re-log in (for the 4th or 5th time) every time I want to post to a thread. :confused:

A TPF generated error message code comes up that says that I "am not logged in."

Does anyone know how I can fix this? :confused:

That generally sounds like a problem with cookies, so I'd suggest starting with trying to delete cookies and also make sure that cookies are enabled on your browser.

Any other suggestions out there?

That advice didn't help matters any. I clean my cache once a day. This is the only site on the Internet where I've experienced this type of problem. I've posted at many different sites, and I haven't experienced the same problem anywhere else as I have here at TPF.

It's been several weeks since I started this thread and the problem still exists. I'm getting tired of logging in, then being forcibly logged out, and then having to log in all over again. Lifes too short for that. :(

Anyway...have a great 4th of July.

Well the timeout for the logout is only about 10 or 15 mins. You can easily spend that time reading a thread and than find that you have to log back in when you go to post. By default the "Remember Me" option isn't selected so checking that could help.

Some Internet security programs (McAfee and Norton for instance) can block cookies, but that would usually mean you can't sign in at all. If you're running any security software I'd at least check to ensure thephotoforum.com is added to the safe list.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back