Problems with D80 & Manual 50mm f1.8 lens

You only provided sarcasm and no help so what was your real reason for posting?

Ahhhh! Now we have the meat of it - sheesh that didn't take long. You got all butt hurt about a legitimate question. . .my bad I should have asked "Is it on auto-focus" - well now we know next time that in order to not hurt your feelings, we should frame questions that appeal to your fragile photographers state.

Thick skin my ass.

Please keep the fighting going, it's the best post I've read on this board... maybe ever.

lol well since this thread is pretty ruined by arguing- let me say that eric i love hats on cats lol i'm making one of those later!
FrogKitten.jpg
:lmao:
pop_kaeru2_l.jpg

:lol:

whoa, what a thread, some people are just too sensitive for their own good, but it makes for a good read!

lol well lets not forget about the people who go out of their way to piss off these sensitive people

Very well. Sell the "manual" lens and trade it in for an equally cheap AF one. Seems silly to buy an expensive camera and not invest SOME cash into a suitable lens for it.

Most older MF lenses are a much higher build quality than the plastic/composite lenses made today. Of my stable of lenses I regularly use many MF lenses and find the images equal or better than some AF glass. Also, when the lens is reversed for macro, NO lens will AF or auto meter. It's a little old school, but photographers found long ago outstanding macro shots can be had by reversing the standard 50mm lens. The results are often closer and better than an expensive macro lens.

Poor cat, but very tolerant. I just wish I could read it's mind, er a like.... Wait till this googlie eyed thing comes off, I'm gonna pee all over this couch.

lol well since this thread is pretty ruined by arguing- let me say that eric i love hats on cats lol i'm making one of those later!
FrogKitten.jpg
:lmao:
pop_kaeru2_l.jpg

:lol:

Please keep the fighting going, it's the best post I've read on this board... maybe ever.

I truly hope that was said with a large dose of sarcasm. We are all here for the love of our craft. If we aren't educated enough to know it all, maybe we could use a little listening/reading skills to absorb what is absent in our individual storage unit. Name calling and sarcasm used to cover up ignorance is never an acceptable way to gain the knowledge we lack. Why can't we all just get along. (quoting R. King) :mrgreen:

Cool, thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------

Glad I could liven up this this pool of tree huggers :hug:: but I'm not sensitive - just realize the point that I don't like people with egos who can't read a post all of the way through before commenting.

How was that Eric, you think it will keep it rolling? :mrgreen:. This is way too much fun!

It's a little old school, but photographers found long ago outstanding macro shots can be had by reversing the standard 50mm lens. The results are often closer and better than an expensive macro lens.

This is what I had read so much about on quite a few forums but I didn't seem to be having the same kind of results as others. This prompted me to shoot some pics with the lens on correctly to see if maybe I purchased a damaged one. I still mean to try out DSLR noob suggestions to see if it resolves the issue.

I don't like people with egos who can't read a post all of the way through before commenting.

Haha - now its an EGO thang. . .dont worry - I got the cure for ya:

normal_wahmbulance.jpg

Dont worry. They do good work.

From now on, if you want to say something mean, post a symbol picture of something else! the time it takes to make will have you calm by the time you hit submit.

Ok this is..... a computer monitor.

.....||||||||||||||.....
.....||888888888||.....
.....||888888888||.....
.....||888888888||.....
.....||||||||||||||.....
..........|||||||..........
...|||||||||||||||||...

Yay! Feel the peace!

......mmmm.......
...//.\\..//.\\.....
..||....||...||....
...\\...||...//
......''''''''''''''.......

(that's supposed to be a peace sign)

I also have the D80. I have tried like seven different lenses. They are all blurry. To my knowledge I did not put any of them on backwards. I am almost positive they were all on right side up. However, I did try and return a JVC video camera at wallmart. The catch was, I had a Nokia charger in the box to try and cover for the lost JVC charger!! Britt in the Photo Center was not having that!!!! She had real thick skin. Please Help! :hugs:

Please comment on my Beer series in the General Gallery, maybe that's the cause of my blur

Yay! Feel the peace!

......mmmm.......
...//.\\..//.\\.....
..||....||...||....
...\\...||...//
......''''''''''''''.......

(that's supposed to be a peace sign)

well it's not a peace sign, it looks upside down to me, but I might just need to calibrate my moniter ;)

Haha - now its an EGO thang. . .dont worry - I got the cure for ya:

Dont worry. They do good work.

Keep it coming, they LOVE it! Keep your panties in a bunch. Oh ya,..you..you..big dork!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back