process raw photo thru android camera app

art and science

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like the processing (smoothing and sharpening) from my android camera app (Poco X3 NFC) and would like to do the same with raw photos from my digital camera. Anyone know if there is a way to process a raw photo through the android camera app running on my phone?

The app would have to be able to read the raw files.

The app would have to be able to read the raw files.
Yes, that is true. The app is able to save raw files, so it seems like it might be possible for it to also read them. I guess what I am hoping is that someone has a hack or knows of another app that would allow this and does similar processing. As far as I know, the usual photo processing apps such as lightroom do not do this. Gigapixel does this type of thing, but it is different than what the original manufacturer camera phone apps do, and I have had the best results with photos that were first produced by the camera phone app and then processed with Gigapixel.

Raw files are proprietary: Nikon is different from Canon is different from Sony, etc. I am not aware of anything that will read one raw format and save it as another raw format; Lightroom will export to TIF, DNG, PNG, JPG, PSD, and the original raw format.

I don't want to save to a new raw format, but I get your point that the phone camera app might not be able to read different raw formats.
What puzzles me is that there are not more programs out there (that run independently of the phone camera) that can do what phone camera apps do. In fact, when I first noticed what phone camera apps were doing and tried to find out more about it, I could not even find any info on the web acknowledging that phone camera apps were doing something special.

Most reactions

Back