Processing C&C?

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, so here's the short version... I don't particularly like this image... but the girl I was shooting with did... and she picked it as one of her final ones... who knows. :lol: It was one of the very first shots we did... I don't like any of the ones we did in this setting. ::shrugs::

So anyway... I processed it, because for some reason she likes it, haha.

I'm just asking for C&C on the post processing... I mean if you *want* to C&C the actual image, that's fine, but I already know it sucks :lol: But I just want to make sure my processing is okay before I continue on with the rest like this :lol:

ORIGINAL:

5985905455_cc70b55901_z.jpg

PROCESSED:

5985904881_9f14d3a809_z.jpg

Thanks! :sillysmi:

It's an improvement but the halo around her on the wall kind of stands out for me.

The edit is an improvement, but to be honest, I'm having a tough time getting over that background; that is really killing the image for me.

what they said, and i have a thing with seeing both eyes, but thats just me

The light background is killing me too. You could crop off the stuff at the top without crowding her head too much and then remove what's left in the upper left corner. The bright spot in the lower right is still too bright as well. I know this is tough to deal with without artifacts. It might actually be easier to use content-aware fill combined with cloning or copy/paste to cover it rather than trying to darken it more. Unfortunately content-aware in corners is unpredictable, but worth a shot.

The part that stands out to me, is how much brighter/whiter her legs are.

As for the processing, look OK to me but the vignette might be a little large...because, as someone mentioned, it looks like a halo now. Also, is there a blue tint to her hair? It certainly looks that way in the edited version.

Another one of your models that get partial tans? I don't really understand why, lately, you so often have different parts of the body that are such different tones?

What the model likes is of no importance. If you have a contract, re-write it so it says they will get only photos that you approve of. This one should not even have been seen by the model, imo.

It's an improvement but the halo around her on the wall kind of stands out for me.

Yeah, I really need to trust my instincts, :lol: I kept going back and forth about that, but it was late and I finally went "bah, I'll just post it and decide tomorrow with fresh eyes if I hate it or not."

I do. :lo:

I do that all the time... I should've learned by now that if I'm on the fence about something, I should just ax it because I'm going to end up axing it in the end anyway. :lol:

The edit is an improvement, but to be honest, I'm having a tough time getting over that background; that is really killing the image for me.

Yeah I know, I don't like it either. I'm more concerned with the processing because this is probably how I'm going to approach the rest of them (that *aren't* on this background ... and without such heavy vignetting...) if it works. I like to keep it consistent.

what they said, and i have a thing with seeing both eyes, but thats just me

Yeah I don't like that either, haha.

I don't like the background, where her hands are, or how her hair is going across her face. The NEXT frame... was an improvement in the fact that I had the hair/makeup person fix her hair, but for some reason this girl didn't like that one?

She's 18. She probably thinks it looks sexier with her hair going across her face or something... I dunno. :lol:

The light background is killing me too. You could crop off the stuff at the top without crowding her head too much and then remove what's left in the upper left corner. The bright spot in the lower right is still too bright as well. I know this is tough to deal with without artifacts. It might actually be easier to use content-aware fill combined with cloning or copy/paste to cover it rather than trying to darken it more. Unfortunately content-aware in corners is unpredictable, but worth a shot.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Also, is there a blue tint to her hair? It certainly looks that way in the edited version.

Yeah... there is... but no... there's not. :lol:

It's in the original too. I sat and stared at it for like 5 minutes trying to figure out what the f*** causes that. This is the second time I've had a dark-haired subject and the highlights show up blue...

I asked about that here the *first* time and no one answered my question. NO clue what that is...

The first time around, I thought maybe it was the hair gel or something... I know stuff like LA looks is colored in the bottle so I didn't know if the blue tint was showing through... but I eventually came to the conclusion that wasn't it... and I *still* don't know what it is.

Any ideas? :lol:

Another one of your models that get partial tans? I don't really understand why, lately, you so often have different parts of the body that are such different tones?

It's not just lately. If you go through every shoot I've done with a person (not on stage), it's been like that. Natural light only *or* while using flash. I don't get it either. I'm sure it's something *I'm* doing, but I don't know *what*.

Anyway...

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm dropping back into my hole now. :lol:

Its an improvement but as others said about the halo. Perhaps just work on your masking a little?

Its an improvement but as others said about the halo. Perhaps just work on your masking a little?

Yeah it was just a really bad... what's the word? uhhh... blend? I pushed it out some and blended some more so it was more gradual and then actually pulled the opacity down a bit so it wasn't so "in your face", as well as fixed some other issues like her leg tone and yadda yadda.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back