Product names you avoid

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
and now for a silly little non sequitur.
What are photography products you avoid for the simple reason that you don't like the name?
The product could be good but you refuse to buy it because you don't like the name.
It's not that silly, Nikon and Canon and Olympus often avoid the number 4 in their model names.
(eg. no D5400, D400, 4D, EM4, and so on)
For me:

Speedotron Brownline.
Apologies to @tirediron
To me, it sounds like something that would happen if you were traveling and wearing a pair of white skimpy swim bottoms and you got a spot of gastro-intestinal distress.

"Creative Cloud."

OK, you got me - it's not just the name.

"Creative Cloud."

OK, you got me - it's not just the name.
What's wrong with Creative Cloud?
"Hoya" I keep thinking of a girl from Essex (UK) answering the phone.

As I said, it's not just the name, but the policy (or structure - I can't think of the right word) of leasing software.

"Alien Bees" Simply because they took the first initials of Ashley Buff and made it a brand.

Does that seem like a stupid reason?

"Alien Bees" Simply because they took the first initials of Ashley Buff and made it a brand.

Does that seem like a stupid reason?
Who is Ashley Buff?

I have a friend whose initials were TAC. She said she would never marry the guy she was dating because his last name had an O as the first letter. If she did marry him her new initials would spell TACO ... so no...

Oh. And the Hasselblad H-series.

Because it reminds me of GM Hummers.

For me it would be Tenba...mostly due to their advertisements....that goofy Sumo wrestler! Eww!

Canon.

Just because they can't spell it correctly.

Sunpak

Probably started out as perfectly rational Korean, but in English it means less about photography and perhaps more about packing the sun or something.

I'd buy a classic, workhorse F2, but otherwise I have absolutely no interest in Nikon.

Lomo, because it rhyme's with homo and my brothers favorite name for me growing up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Canon.

Just because they can't spell it correctly.
I know right? It was originally Kwannon which was still a misspelling of Kwan Yin - the goddess of mercy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back