Austin Greene
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- Jan 6, 2012
- Messages
- 1,472
- Reaction score
- 855
- Location
- Mountain View, California
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone!
So as some of you know, I'm currently working on a project for a photography course I'm taking here on campus. The theme you ask? Merging art and science, not quite the easiest task in the world to do effectively.
Yesterday I came up with the idea of using balance as my focus, both visual balance, and physical balance. For the physical side, I'm thinking I might give the pictured experiment a go, maybe shoot it similar to a product shot. The goal is to produce clean, bright, highlight lines around the edges of the forks to provide some contrast against the background. Also to demonstrate the physical side of the experiment, obviously being the balancing act.
The shot below is not a final shot, not anywhere close. Its more a shot to demonstrate the kind of basic look I'm going for. Simply put, its a starting point to demonstrate the physical experiment itself and nothing more.
What I'm running into problems is how to make the image visually appealing. Physically, there is plenty going on, but thats only half the job. I plan on recomposing it to be less centered, and I may swap the pepper shaker for a wine glass to utilize some of those nice clean lines. I've got one strobe and an umbrella to work with.
Throw all the CC/suggestions you can at me, I'm open to everything and I need it!
Best,
Toga
So as some of you know, I'm currently working on a project for a photography course I'm taking here on campus. The theme you ask? Merging art and science, not quite the easiest task in the world to do effectively.
Yesterday I came up with the idea of using balance as my focus, both visual balance, and physical balance. For the physical side, I'm thinking I might give the pictured experiment a go, maybe shoot it similar to a product shot. The goal is to produce clean, bright, highlight lines around the edges of the forks to provide some contrast against the background. Also to demonstrate the physical side of the experiment, obviously being the balancing act.
The shot below is not a final shot, not anywhere close. Its more a shot to demonstrate the kind of basic look I'm going for. Simply put, its a starting point to demonstrate the physical experiment itself and nothing more.
What I'm running into problems is how to make the image visually appealing. Physically, there is plenty going on, but thats only half the job. I plan on recomposing it to be less centered, and I may swap the pepper shaker for a wine glass to utilize some of those nice clean lines. I've got one strobe and an umbrella to work with.
Throw all the CC/suggestions you can at me, I'm open to everything and I need it!
Best,
Toga