Proof that Facebook isn't a good indicator?

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope everyone had a nice and safe 4th of July.

Last edited:
Well those are typical responses. The photos are not that bad, and are actually very good realistic impression of fireworks. complete with smoke. Sometimes the smoke really shows up quite a bit, and in my opinion it hurts the pictures. At times the smoke is not imaged,and in my opinion no smoke makes for better fireworks photos.

I hear you OP. I notice the same thing when folks post pics of their average-at-best (or even ugly) kids and everyone is like, "OMG how beautiful!!"

^^^ Slightly tongue in cheek/sarcastic

As others have said, it's not that the photos are that bad, but FB primarily serves to inflate egos. Many people are so hungry for admiration that they shower it out on others in hopes some of it will come back their way. FB is like a magnet for insecure people. The one I like is the one that posts -"please pray for me I've got a serious problem".....that's it, nothing else. Then watch the gazillion posts in support come flying in. Truth be told the problem was probably where they left their car keys or what they want to eat for lunch. LOL

As others have said, it's not that the photos are that bad, but FB primarily serves to inflate egos. Many people are so hungry for admiration that they shower it out on others in hopes some of it will come back their way. FB is like a magnet for insecure people. The one I like is the one that posts -"please pray for me I've got a serious problem".....that's it, nothing else. Then watch the gazillion posts in support come flying in. Truth be told the problem was probably where they left their car keys or what they want to eat for lunch. LOL

Sounds like you need some different Facebook friends.

Maybe check your settings. My FB friends are people I actually know in real life and I don't seem to get the crap that people talk about that they see on FB. (I see lots of hockey!)

Pare down your list, or set peeps as acquaintances then not so much of their stuff will show up (and they won't see much of your stuff either) so eventually thin out the herd and drop them altogether. Or you can often click to not see anything from whatever website they've shared. Ever again!

Edit - And the pictures were OK, looked rather soft on here but they'd be fine in a smaller size. I just wouldn't try to enlarge.

Most reactions

Back