Proposed new galleries

What do you do with the "cross-overs"? Some photos can be categorized in possibly several different categories, so how is anybody supposed to know where they belong?

Foodography would be nice to have. I like having more galleries to choose which to view and post to. Night photography, portrait, food, action, nature, landscape, architecture, commercial, etc. If a photo has some crossover, whichever theme is most heavy in your photo, post to that gallery.

I'm with Darrel on this. Creating too many galleries will make it far too complicated to navigate.

On another forum, I started posting my old K25 slide scans. And the mods kept moving them all over nilly-willy. At first, they were in the Film section. Then, they decided they belong in the Digital Processing section (since they are digital scans). Then a short hiatus in the General area. And since they were taken over the course of several decades, one mod thought they should be in the Travel forum as they were taken from Connecticut to California.

Then all hell broke loose when I posted one that was a B&W conversion...............

Thankfully we are not quite that OCD about things here. The categories allow for some degree of order within the site and also don't forget they are discussion as well as photographic galleries. They can also serve as an encouragement toward not just taking but getting people to share and post their work to the site.

Anything that straddles two sections would just live in one or if a problem would just be put into general because that caters to anything. We've never done it where we've jumped things around multiple times - its just not really worth it.

Most reactions

Back