Prospect Park, Brooklyn

Nice job on the B&W conversion, the building is lovely.

Compositionally, I'm not a fan of the rock placement in the front middle, it and the logs beside it compete with the house. If you were able to get the rock over to the right side of the shot and keep the building on the left, that would have made a very well balanced image. Or, crop the shot into a square format - that would work nicely.

Last edited:
Agree about the rock grabbing a lot of attention, but nice capture!

Nice job on the B&W conversion, the building is lovely.

Compositionally, I'm not a fan of the rock placement in the front middle, it and the logs beside it compete with the house. If you were able to get the rock over to the right side of the shot and keep the building on the left, that would have made a very well balanced image. Or, crop the shot into a square format - that would work nicely.
How's this one? It's not a long exposure and the composition is slightly different.

Prospect Park Black & White by batmura, on Flickr

Hmm, with the higher contrast in the second shot the rock in the foreground is much less attention-grabbing, but the clouds are pretty bright. I think I prefer the subtleness of the first shot. Here's what I meant about cropping it square, btw:

Most reactions

Back