Prowled the Streets C&C Please.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
OK, so, another attempt, this time no gimmicks.. no hip shots, just plain old in your face (mostly). I'm a bit happier with these ones than my previous ones but there's still room for improvement, and that's where yous come in.

fed4-1.jpg

fed4-2.jpg

fed4-3.jpg

fed4-4.jpg

fed4-5.jpg

fed4-6.jpg

fed4-7.jpg

fed4-8.jpg

And of course C&C greatly appreciated.

Again i had to guess the exposure (which i think i'm getting good at) as the meter doesn't work on the camera.

I like 4 and 5 the best, much stronger composition than the others.

Looks like the guy in shot 5 was about to hit you, LOL.

I can't say these shots do much for me to be honest. You obviously like to shoot people, which for a start is something I don't generally do in my more serious photography so I'm always going to be a little biased, but to be honest your subjects seem a little too... 'regular'.

Shot 6 takes my vote simply because you have a more photogenic pose. Shot 4 isn't so bad either. 3 makes me wonder what she needs that table for, LOL, and 2 could be better if your angle had been right. To be honest I don't really think any of these work well in black and white, to be blunt.

If you like taking people shots, why don't you ask somebody to model for you? Practice your angles on somebody pulling real poses rather than people on the move and you might learn some handy tricks for your next on-the-street album.

As I say, people shots aren't really my thing so it's best to remember I've a biased opinion before you take my comments too harshly.

Every opinion counts Richard, always glad to take them aboard.

The Darth guy was just raising his hand to tip his helmet at me lol. As for #3, she was carrying the table around with her, doesn't look too happy about it either.

I'll try find some more interesting people next time. The day was pretty ordinary all in all though, nothing too exciting.

I'm not a fan of posed portraits to be honest, never something i've been interested in but i'll have a look at some to see what seems to work and not - see if i can find anything of use for next time.

Thanks,

Kev.

2 had some potential as the subject was kind of interesting, but it didn't quite click for me personally.

I think I liked 7 the best but I think the problem is you're too close to the guy in the hat and he sucks in all the attention... there are a lot of interesting things in there- the arch, the crowd... and yes, the dude with the hat.

Interesting, just not quite IMO. Keep trying!

Most reactions

Back