PS CS3 question

Dawn H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there a limit to the number of loads a PS CS3 (not Extended) program will do on different computers? I have bad luck with computers and forever have to buy new PCs and laptops (4 in the last 5 years). Before I drop a load of $$ on the CS3 I just want to know this bit of info before I decide which 'puter to get next: a PC or a mac.

Thanks from a newbie (my first time here and want to learn from you all

The number of loads? Could you explain what that means?

If you're asking about computer hardware specs, bigger and faster is always better. Ram and processing speed tie for most important, w/ a large scratch disk taking a close second.

you will need different version for a pc and a mac.

i have been told you can load the program on two computers and make one backup copy.
why not ask adobe

I understand what you are asking,

Once you load (install) you need to input info ad key, this works unlimited # of times.
But you also need to go online and verify, this you can do only once maybe twice (not too sure) ad it will not work anymore.
However ( like Win XP ) instead of verifyig online, you can call a 800 number and explain that you had to replace you PC ( or mac ) and they will give you the verification number needed.

Sorry I should have been clearer; I was asking how many installs a single CS3 can do on different computers. Is there a limit. I'm still not quite sure; each time I install I would have to do a 'verify' and that's where Adobe controls the number of times it can be installed before it's useless?

Thanks dslrchat, you sort of answered me.

Last edited:
I believe you can have it any 2 computers at once, but no more. But yes, if one of those computers breaks down and needs to be replaced, you can call Adobe and explain that, they should then give you another serial key.

Most reactions

Back