Lensmeister

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all I found some templates on the net for DVD covers (all various styles & all in PSD format). Thing is I want to make a DVD cover from scratch, using one of the templates as a guide.

My problems is not adding photos as I can do that (just ;) ) ... but I want to add some text in to a box on the back (like the proper dvds have).

I want a black background with white text.

How do I do it? And although i can do somethings in PS, the creative side like this I find next to impossible.

Please help someone.

Thanks in advance ... :)

If you want a black background, simply use the fill bucket (G) and fill a whole layer with the black colour.

Then change your foreground colour to white (or whatever you want the text to be) and then select the Text tool. Then click on your black background and start typing.
This will automatically create a new 'text' layer that you'll see appear in your layers pallette.

If you want to re-edit this text layer you will have to select the text tool, and the layer, before you're able to do anything.

Does that fix your problem?

Meysha summed it up. The only thing I would add is, make a new layer to fill in with black, and since you said you wanted a black box, use the marquee tool to make a box (selection) before you fill in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back