What's new

Published again – this time on the Smithsonian magazine!

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p640124731-4.jpg


The Smithsonian magazine is publishing one of my aurora photos in their January issue to illustrate their feature article! This is the same image that the National Geographic Society used on their news site back in August (see this thread). Another one of my images (a still life) has been used in a poetry book to be launched this Thursday.

I'm having more fun than ever, plus I'm selling both fine art prints and stock images... and now this. What an unbelievable year this has been for my photography. If 2011 is half as good as 2010, I'll be a happy camper :drunk:
 
Congratulations! I remember when you posted this image, I think I actually commented on it. I hope that 2011 continues to be a productive year for your photography!
 
That is amazing. Congrats again. What a great feeling I can image. :thumbup:
 
congrats! :thumbup:

May I ask how you got it published? (did they ask you, or did you submit it somewhere?)
 
Great achievement; let more laurels come your way in the years to come

Regards :D
 
Great on you Federico- I know you work hard at it and deserve it!

-
 
Wow! Congrats for this well-deserved honor!
 
Thanks all for the kind words!

May I ask how you got it published? (did they ask you, or did you submit it somewhere?)
One of the photography editors of the magazine contacted me about it. I'm not really sure where he originally saw the image – probably on Flickr or on the NatGeo website... My guess is the latter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom