puppy shots from this evening...

chammer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
playing around with the new 70-200mm since i finally got some real daylight to work with. the puppies, sadly, were a bit too tired to do much more than sleep so i managed to grab a couple portrait style photo's of them.

color me super impressed as these are straight out of the camera. shot in raw, converted to jpg, and cropped/resized them.

piggy.jpg

mariah_lazy.jpg

mariah_close.jpg

mariah_close2.jpg

mariah_close3.jpg

The eyes seem very soft to me and out of focus, other than that I really like the shots.

first off, awesome! can't wait to see your pics of this little guy bouncing around

noob question though: in #4, is that noise on the right hand side of the photo?

Haha, thataboy! Way to take c&c lol

i take c&c just fine, however, i just happen to disagree. the eyes are very much in focus. the only softness that is present is because these are babies.

looks that way. it was cropped tight so im sure the noise got more obvious than had it been left uncropped.

ahh ok. :)

i just fail to see it. maybe people are too used to over sharpened pictures. these were straight from the camera and i can pretty much say they look nearly identical to the real thing. i COULD sharpen them in PP...but why? i think they look fine.

the only real issue i can see is that it does look that the dof is just a touch shallow in the last pic leaving the further edges of her right eye a touch blurred, however. her left eye is plenty sharp though.

I had a photo that I posted once and some said it was a little too soft but I thought is was the right situation for a "soft" picture (if that makes sense) it's like knowing when to make a photo black and white. As long as it's not plainly OOF it shouldn't be a huge deal in my opinion.

looks that way. it was cropped tight so im sure the noise got more obvious than had it been left uncropped.[/QUOTE]

gotcha, sounds weird but I never knew what noise actually was. I had it confused sometimes with bokeh etc. noob! yeah.

Most reactions

Back