Purchasing a new camera, reliable source?

Sharpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok guys, im new here. I generally hang out around on dieselstation as im into automobile photography.

i haven't bought a camera in a long time. Been using a Minolta Maxuum 5 and a small Kodak point and shoot for some time and i need to upgrade to something more serious. I am pretty set on the Sony a700 because of its price compared to competitors plus i already have some minolta glass. (any feedback on this camera would be great.)

So, i can go to Adorama or B&H and spend $999, but there seem to be some decent prices on eBay as well. I am aware of the common bait & switch but some of the eBay sellers i cant rly tell. The prices are pretty good. Here is a source i am considering...

Sony-DSLR-A700-A700-Digital-SLR-Camera-8GB-BODY-KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ230330199800QQihZ013QQcategoryZ31388QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DSLR-A700-A700-Digital-SLR-Camera-8GB-BODY-KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ230330199800QQihZ013QQcategoryZ31388QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
-Edit, link wasnt working, so here is the url.

i cant rly tell if its grey market and/or a bait and switch place.
any feedback is great.

Last edited:
Ebay is ok, but you need to check feedback.

Cameta is good to deal with on ebay.

BH, Adorama, KEH, are all good. And btw that links fails.

You can gamble with other retailers, but it's fairly well agreed that the bulletproof sites are B&H and Adorama (new) or KEH (used). I've gotten burned on eBay a few times now (over vintage 35mm stuff), and I can't say I'd spend that much money there. They call it "fleabay" for a reason.

That said, I'll admit that I'm a hypocrite. Last night, I ordered a camera body from Best Buy. When they're going for close to $200 below the used price, it's tough to pass up.

fixed the broken link.

B&H, Adorama and Amazon, in that order.

Ok guys, im new here. I generally hang out around on dieselstation as im into automobile photography.

i haven't bought a camera in a long time. Been using a Minolta Maxuum 5 and a small Kodak point and shoot for some time and i need to upgrade to something more serious. I am pretty set on the Sony a700 because of its price compared to competitors plus i already have some minolta glass. (any feedback on this camera would be great.)

So, i can go to Adorama or B&H and spend $999, but there seem to be some decent prices on eBay as well. I am aware of the common bait & switch but some of the eBay sellers i cant rly tell. The prices are pretty good. Here is a source i am considering...

Sony-DSLR-A700-A700-Digital-SLR-Camera-8GB-BODY-KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ230330199800QQihZ013QQcategoryZ31388QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DSLR-A700-A700-Digital-SLR-Camera-8GB-BODY-KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ230330199800QQihZ013QQcategoryZ31388QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
-Edit, link wasnt working, so here is the url.

i cant rly tell if its grey market and/or a bait and switch place.
any feedback is great.

Wherever you finally end up buying, please check reselleratings.com, first, for example: Time2Envy - stores.ebay.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings (I think this is the store you are thinking of buying from.....)

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

I always use B/H for equipment and Adorama for my prints. Im very happy with both:thumbup:

Thank you for the feedback - very much appreciated.

However, if you ever have a query or concern regarding an order from Adorama Camera - or AdoramaPix - please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

Most reactions

Back