Purple and Red Bolts Of Lightening Launch Across The Skies

The_Saint

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lighteningnd7.jpg

Stood on my roof, 4 second Shutter, Tri-pod, 2 hours 10min of shooting. Got more. gonna post them soon.

Geeze, talk about patience. You were using a remote right? It's pretty crazy how close up it looks; usually lightning photos are off in the distance. Those are clouds around it right? Very cool shot.

No remote....

It was over the sea, which is visible from my house. No zoom used.
The storms here are usually this close up

wow. :hail:

That's crazy how close you are! We haven't had any really cool storms here for a while. I've always wanted to try lightening shots, but haven't really had the opportunity to do so.
I like the first better than the second you posted. For some reason, on my monitor at work, the lightening looks fake in the second. Weird.

Those are awesome!

You really should invest in a trigger though. Can see a bit of blur in the city lights from you manually releasing.

Wish I had a good vantage point to take pics like that around here.

You really should invest in a trigger though. Can see a bit of blur in the city lights from you manually releasing.

These are very nice, but you definitely need to invest in a remote, and possibly a sturdier tripod and/or head. Either you were in a pretty stout wind, or that is a lot of residual vibration from touching the shutter button.

Those are awesome and intense! I bet they would look good blown-up

Most reactions

New Topics

Back