Purple Daisy after the rain - C&C appreciated

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really don't shoot flowers but would like to more often. I know there are a few pics here and don't need a comment on each one. Just general feedback and point out what I can do better. Maybe let me know which you prefer.

Purple Daisy after the rain by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

3. This one I just wanted t get the middle one in full focus. I think I would have liked to stopped down a bit so the top and bottom are little more oof. Also debated between getting all three flowers in the width of the image or cutting off the right side of the top one and get the buds fully in. I think I chose wrong.

I don't pretend to know anything except when I like a pic. I like the colors of those. If you want to learn botanical photography, take a look at @oldhippy.

I think they are lovely, it's a beautiful purple colour and it contrasts well with the green. I also like how you have captured the water droplets.

I read somewhere that people do some light "gardening" whereby they'll often cut away stems etc with a pair of scissors to improve composition etc.

I would say no.2 is my favourite, but I would of probably move the bud just to the south of it.

Not bad. Perhaps not 100% successful on the composition of the fourth one, but overall, pretty good. Nice colors on pretty subject matter.

I don't pretend to know anything except when I like a pic. I like the colors of those. If you want to learn botanical photography, take a look at @oldhippy.

I love the oldhippy's stuff but not the look I am going for. I just want to take nice images in a natural environment as I am walking/hiking around.

Not bad. Perhaps not 100% successful on the composition of the fourth one, but overall, pretty good. Nice colors on pretty subject matter.

Thanks Derrel. I do not have an artistic bone in my body so I have a hard time playing with lighting and composition. I need a lot of practice.

Most reactions

Back