Joerocket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
... from a different perspective.

orchid_correct_size.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Joe

woodsac said:
The flower is beautiful. The image could use a shallower dof.

Agreed, only have a Fuji E500 point and shoot 'till I can afford a DSLR and I'm having trouble figuring out how to adjust the dof on it.

Joerocket said:
Agreed, only have a Fuji E500 point and shoot 'till I can afford a DSLR and I'm having trouble figuring out how to adjust the dof on it.
I'm not familiar with your cam, but try manual or aperture mode. Use the largest aperture (smallest #) like 2.8, for most digi-cams. Macro mode will also help if that's all it has.

yea, i think if i remember correctly i was in macro mode for this pic my camera also has supermacro... the camera has a full manual mode i believe, i tried opening the aperture all the way like you said but everything is still in focus. dont know what im doing wrong.

-Joe

Joerocket said:
yea, i think if i remember correctly i was in macro mode for this pic my camera also has supermacro... the camera has a full manual mode i believe, i tried opening the aperture all the way like you said but everything is still in focus. dont know what im doing wrong.

-Joe
Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. I think it's just the limitations of your camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back