push pull colour

kel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey any chance anyone would be able to give me a bit of an idea a about push pull processing colour film im a photography student and i have workbooks due soon :confused: and although we do cover a lot in college its so broad we have to do a lot of research on our own time and this is something ive never gone near

I have tried just ONCE to do push processing of color transparency film. It was Kodak... ummm, I think EPP, a professional 100 speed film, 4x5 and pushed it 2 stops. I used a commercial lab in Chicago that I use for all my E-6 and they have been SO very consistent.

The results were, in my opinion, unacceptable. Not even close. The color was miserable!!!! Much of the saturation was lost, not to mention a major color shift. The grain was incredible. Increased contrast too. I have never considered this a viable alternative since that time.

I hope this is helpful.

-Pete

This may not be helpful, but when I was managing some photo labs, I would have the occasional person come in that shot there 100 speed film at 800iso. They always gave me story on how important the film is and can I do anything. With some experimentation, I figured out some extended times for pushing color neg film. This did involve running the film into the machine and stopping the film in the developer for a short time. It wasn't real scientific, but on some of the worse film, I was able to salvage it with decent results.

Reactions: kel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back