Quebec Bridge (2 pics) - Special for you engineers out there!

Cero21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2 Pics of the Quebec Bridge (Pont de Quebec).

The first has not been post processed at all. Plus I didn't have time to take much more as soon as the shutter closed I looked down to see a skunk with its tail in the air sitting right next to my leg. :shock: I got out of there pretty quick!

The second has been made an HDR to bring out the foreground beach a little bit. The actually +1 stop exposure is actually very similar so the HDR effect is minimal.

Why is this special for engineers? At least for Canadian engineers when we get our degrees we also have the Iron Ring ceremony. The iron ring is worn on the pinky finger reminds us to always double check our work to make sure nothing goes wrong. The iron ring was started because of this bridge. Due to negligence on the part of the engineer, this bridge fell twice killing many people. All engineers know the story but I don't think many know it was this particular bridge. It is also the longest cantilever bridge in the world.

C&C are very much welcome. Thanks!

1346969599_d0a79b761d_b.jpg

1346967133_d62efd3feb_b.jpg

wow... the second one is great!

that bridge doesn't even look strong.

Both are great shots, but my preference is the first.

both great.
I like the first, kinda eerie. Nice.

Great images! The second one really shines in my opinion!

Really like these shots: the pov in the first is very interesting, and in the second I really like the coloured lights reflecting in the water/wet sand, with the sailboats in the foreground adding further interest.

The reflections off the wet part of the bank are the most fascinating elements of the second photo, I think. Wow. And so are the colours! No wonder you wanted to bring out the foreground a bit more! This is a foreground that ASKS to be brought out more! And I also like the infinite focus. Sharpness from from to back. Wow. Very cool.

Though the first photo is also really nice with the light rays coming from behind the steel construction. Also the POV is nice, and the overall light. You placed your lights wisely :wink: ! :lol:

The softness of the water really makes the second one stand out in my opinion. Was the water really that calm or was it just from the shutter speed being slow? The only reason why I asks is because there isn't very much motion blur on the boats.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! I'm happy you enjoy them.

Matthew - To answer your question. Yeah, the water was very calm that day. There was a very slight intermittent breeze but as you mentioned I remember the boats pretty much didn't budge.

Most reactions

Back