Query concerning some ebay macro products

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok a few questions about some ebay products for macro work.

1) There were a month or so ago some (silver as I recall) flexi arm brackets with two arms aimed at the canon twinflash unit. However despite searching all over ebay I can't seem to find any reference to them now. Anyone know if they are now pulled off or if they are under another search listing that I've not found?

2) Has anyone ever used these with their twinflash for faster/more recharging
Battery Pack 1 or Battery {ack 2

3) If I have a sigma 150mm macro lens (72mm filter thread) and 70mm macro lens (62mm filter thread) is it worth getting attachments to fit the twinflash (thinking more on the 150mm than the 70 which clearly it is ;)) and what attachments would I be needing to do this?

4) The cheap MPE lens hoods - worth getting or not?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For macro work, I use two 580EXIIs, rather than a Canon twinflash unit (I'm guessing you're referring to the MT-24EX), but I do use Canon battery packs (Canon CP-E4) with those 580EXII flashes, and they're great. There's virtually no recycle time involved at all when using them.

Yep I recall seeing your custom 2 580EX flash setup, though having used one 580EX2 I think two forward mounted is just too much forward weight for my shooting style (and arms). Though yes I can imagin that you can recycle faster and put out more light as well - the MT-24EX is an older flash design (heck I can hear the thing whine as it powers up) and there is certianly some room for improvement with the latest advances I suspect

I believe I have a similar setup to what Buckster is describing. The weight isn't too bad and on a monopod it is quite easy to use. As far as the battery packs, I use similar with my 2 580's and yes it does recycle faster. Remember you will still have to have batteries in the flash unit itself. The external pack only speeds up recycle time and provides more flashes per charge. The internal batteries power the other internal electronics in the flash unit.

Aye - though its more a question of if there is any noticable difference between the canon and the 3rd party ebay battery packs. Accessories are always a tricky area because they like to overprice them so when you have 3rd party at a larger difference it makes it hard to know if that difference is just mostly overpricing on canon's side or a reflection that the product is not up to the task (I seriously don't want to break my twinflash - and yes Isay that knowing full well that any bursts of faster flash light will have to come with a break after)

I struggled with the same thoughts. In the end, I decided not to take the chance, even though they're probably the same dog-gone thing inside.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back