What's new

Query , issue with R6MII compared to 6DMII

OUTLAW PHOTO

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 29, 2025
Messages
56
Reaction score
39
Location
Dearborn Heights, MI.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been a Canon shooter for over 30 years . Bought the R6MII after having soft focus issue with my 1DXMII about 6 months ago . At first the R6MII was great but now I think it has a mind of it;s own . For no ryme or reason it will change focus ( case ) settings from "A " auto tracking to Case 1 , also it will change " review image " from 10 to whatever it wants . Frustrated I pulled out one of my 6DMII for comparison . Using the Sigma 500 f/4 sports lens w/1.4 conv. on both I have found the 6DMII to be better than the R6MII .... Better faster focusing , image keeper rate has quadrupled . The only down fall is the 6DMII is slower shutter rate than the R6MII . I do a lot of birds in flight ,mostly raptors . With the R6MII half of the images were out of focus . It seems like it takes time for this thing to lock on . Therefore keeper rate was 10 % . With the 6DMII focus was locked on instantly and the keeper rate was 95% every single shot was tack sharp . So my question would be has anyone experienced the same issue .
 
My guess is you have some setting issues, as there is no way the 6DMKii is better than the R6MKii in auto focusing especially on moving targets like birds. The R6MKii is one of Canon's best autofocusing cameras on the market.
 
My guess is you have some setting issues, as there is no way the 6DMKii is better than the R6MKii in auto focusing especially on moving targets like birds. The R6MKii is one of Canon's best autofocusing cameras on the market.
Thanks for your reply , I use the same focus points on both cameras , 9 points around center . Ill look closer at the settings
 
Thanks for your reply , I use the same focus points on both cameras , 9 points around center . Ill look closer at the settings
Do you have it set on Servo AF? As it must be to maintain focus on moving targets
 
Do you have it set on Servo AF? As it must be to maintain focus on moving targets
Yes Servo AF as is all my bodies . Also like i said in original post . Tracking went from " A " auto tracking to case 1 . I switched to " A " tracking after a few outings and found it better to my liking. So not sure if going to case 1 was the problem . It change the tracking on its own . crazy OK I just checked the settings . It was on AL FOCUS ,,I just made the change to SERVO ,,,,,Hhmmmm I coulda swore but maybe there it is .
 
Last edited:
Cameras these days are complicated and settings get switched so easily as you just touch the screen etc. Trust me often i have had a setting changed and I go WTF? As i try to find out how to change it back.
 
Cameras these days are complicated and settings get switched so easily as you just touch the screen etc. Trust me often i have had a setting changed and I go WTF? As i try to find out how to change it back.

Cameras these days are complicated and settings get switched so easily as you just touch the screen etc. Trust me often i have had a setting changed and I go WTF? As i try to find out how to change it back.
Right ,,sometimes a little to much technology i guess
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom