tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there
I have little problem. I use CS3 for editing and when I save my work to jpg it looks fine. Then when I resize it in cs3 colours are changing (sometimes they get darker or washed out) and I'm not sure why.
Another thing is about flickr. When I upload picture there I need to do another colour correction because colours are getting bit washed out.
Could anybody tell me what is going on?
It is bit pointless spending ours in ps getting everything perfect and finding out after uploading pics on flickr that they need fixing again.
Thanks
Tom

I don't usually have a problem. Are you shooting in RAW? If you are shooting in raw then saturation, contrast, and sharpening adjustments are usually needed. I edit my photos in RGB mode and at 72 ppi (CYMK mode, 300 ppi for printing) . If you can, try downsizing your photo prior to editing; sharpening, contrast, etc. Maybe that shall make a diff. Hope this helps.

I don't usually have a problem. Are you shooting in RAW? If you are shooting in raw then saturation, contrast, and sharpening adjustments are usually needed. I edit my photos in RGB mode and at 72 ppi. If you can, try downsizing your photo prior to editing; sharpening, contrast, etc. Maybe that shall make a diff. Hope this helps.

Thanks for answer.
I'm shooting in RAW. Are you saying that I need to change quality to 72ppi if I want to put it on internet?
I'll have little play with it tonight.

Thanks for answer.
I'm shooting in RAW. Are you saying that I need to change quality to 72ppi if I want to put it on internet?

Anything more than 72ppi for the internet is a waste. Yeah, my RAWs loaded up in Adobe Camera RAW are a bit desaturated prior to converting to RGB when loading up Photoshop. Just toss in a contrast/brightness layer mask and a saturation layer mask and you'd be good to go buddy ;)

It might be a color space issue.

Make sure you are not uploading images that are not in sRGB mode. That is the default mode for most applications...and if your images are not in that color space, they may get changed to it...which can result in mixed up colors. But if you do the conversion yourself, in Photoshop, then it should be OK.

It might be a color space issue.

Make sure you are not uploading images that are not in sRGB mode. That is the default mode for most applications...and if your images are not in that color space, they may get changed to it...which can result in mixed up colors. But if you do the conversion yourself, in Photoshop, then it should be OK.

My bad. It is my understanding that shooting in sRGB or Adobe RGB wouldn't make a difference since the OP is shooting in RAW.

Shooting in RAW, you can choose the color space that you want to work in...but when you output the image, you still need to be conscious of the color space that is required.

Ideally, the best 'work flow' would be to shoot in RAW and edit in the color space with the widest gamut. AdobeRGB is wider than sRGB for example. But then you need to convert the image to sRGB before you upload or send it for printing etc. I think that most people just use sRGB from the start, to avoid confusion.

Thanks for all comments.
I think you didn't get me quite right.
I shoot in RAW and work in sRGB mode. When my work is finished and saved as jpg then I want to upload some on flickr and after that picture on flickr is washed out compared to original jpg I have on my PC.
I hope that's clear now.
Thanks again

Just a last minute thought... Are you uploading your photo at home then viewing it on a different computer at work? My monitor here at work is junk compared to my monitor at home. The color difference between the two monitors often drives me nuts. Wish I could be more of help.

Just a last minute thought... Are you uploading your photo at home then viewing it on a different computer at work? My monitor here at work is junk compared to my monitor at home. The color difference between the two monitors often drives me nuts. Wish I could be more of help.

Hi
Nope. I upload pictures at home and I check them instantly and compare with original jpg (I resize explorer window to see them on the screen together) and you can tell the difference straight away.

Most reactions

Back