What's new

Question about ebay...

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
1,668
Reaction score
22
Location
California, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know many websites are "too good to be true" if the price is too low.
But this looks pretty legit and good price (lower than B&H for example)

Brand New Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera Body 13803117509 | eBay

These guys are a top rated seller with 99.6% positive rating etc etc...

Pretty good price for a 7D... What am I missing?

US $1,273.51 with free shipping? vs $1,549 on B&H?
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The only thing I can think of is that it could be a gray market kind of thing... I've never bought off ebay before, but that's quite a discount (from a new body at least).
 
AH! You are right! Under terms and conditions it says
"Our products are covered by a warranty of 1 years parts and 90 days for labor. Due to our very low low prices, we are prevented from listing our items with manufacturer warranty. Rest assured, our products are the same as if you bought in stores"
 
prodigy2k7 said:
AH! You are right! Under terms and conditions it says
"Our products are covered by a warranty of 1 years parts and 90 days for labor. Due to our very low low prices, we are prevented from listing our items with manufacturer warranty. Rest assured, our products are the same as if you bought in stores"

Yeah, run.

Grey market items can't get serviced at any Nikon authorized centers. It's well worth the extra couple hundred $ in the long run to go genuine USA model...
 
I am in the market myself for a 7D. I have not called this specific seller but all the others with similar prices have "something" different.

It is most likely gray market so no US manufacturers warranty. Ask them for a US version and the price goes up about $300.

I have seen other sellers pull the body as part of a kit and drop the price. I'm not sure what it ultimately means but my hesitation is resale.

It is certainly worth a call but I have trouble getting some to answer....big warning flag in my book.
 
Grey market items can't get serviced at any Nikon authorized centers. It's well worth the extra couple hundred $ in the long run to go genuine USA model...
That is not a true statement.

Nikon authorized repair shops will, and do indeed work on gray market or imported gear, but Nikon USA's 2 service centers won't. Nikon Authorized Repair Stations

Nikon USA service centers only work on US warrantied gear. Nikon USA won't even do non-warranty (paid for) work on non-USA serial numbered gear.
 
Call Canon about their loyalty program. They just quoted me $1087 + tax, free shipping for refurbished 7D.

Reportedly these are cameras that are overstock or had a damaged box but not sold to consumers.

You have to send in any canon camera in exchange and they assume it is one that is not working because that is the purpose of the program.
 
I bought one about 6 months ago for about that same price. It was originally a kit but the lens had been removed. I got every thing except the lens. It was a USA model . The seller was actually an authorized canon dealer. It was a great buy. I love the camera. I have bought several items of Ebay and always pleased except once and Ebay made the seller give me my money back including the shipping charges after I returned the item. there is a place that you can ask the seller questions so I would ask if it was grey market. Hope this helps James.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom