Question about editing in PS

ik280

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Could you please tell me how to remove the snow flakes/flares from the following photo? I have watched many videos about removing lens flares but could not successfully remove the white patches from the photo below. It is especially the one at the light I would like to remove. Thanks.

Best wishes!

BIG_0015755752.jpg

I'd try burning it out.

Create a new layer, fill with 18% grey, change name to burn, blend mode to overlay and paint with a low opacity soft black brush until it's gone.

That is very good, thank you very much. I should have asked earlier... Thank you!

You want quick or good? Playing with the JPEG you had embedded via the Dust and Scratches wasn't bad but well, the JPEG resolution (I mean lack of it) exacerbated by the compression did not give much way to manoeuvre or to understand the real challenge you're facing.
To do it good there will be plenty of manual stuff. D&B, or healing brush or combination of both.

Theoretically you could try isolating the snowflakes onto its separate layer in a multi frequency separation set up that could have helped to speed up their removal in some areas where their size is distinctively different from the other element...

upload_2019-9-23_9-29-11.png

Most reactions

New Topics

Back