Question about SB600 flash

sarasphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am taking pictures tomarrow and I will be using my sb600 flash for fill flash. I won't be using any type of reflector boards. Any tips? I don't want to blind the person and I don't want the pics to be too over exposed. I want the pictures to come out exposed good and crisp. I will be taking the pictures outside in the late afternoon.

I have been learning this flash forever now and love it, but I just want some good tips from all you external flash users :)

Thanks!

i am taking pictures tomarrow and I will be using my sb600 flash for fill flash. I won't be using any type of reflector boards. Any tips? I don't want to blind the person and I don't want the pics to be too over exposed. I want the pictures to come out exposed good and crisp. I will be taking the pictures outside in the late afternoon.

I have been learning this flash forever now and love it, but I just want some good tips from all you external flash users :)

Thanks!
If you don't want to blind the person just have them close their eyes when you snap the picture, or take the speedlight off the camera and trigger it with CLS.

To deal with the possibility of over exposure, put the speedlight and the camera in manual mode. You also put the camera in spot metering mode, meter the face of your subject to determine the speedlight power setting and to determine the lens aperture, then meter the background to set the shutter speed.

I prefer to measure the incident and strobed light rather than the light reflected off the subject, but that takes a hand held meter.

You don't mention what camera body, nor which lens you are planning to use.

Ideally you want to have the subject in solid open shade with the sunlit sky acting as your main light and the speedlight being fill.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back