Question reg. Gallery sales websites

danepak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm actually not a photographer myself, but I'm designing a website for a photographer.
However, I've got a bit of a problem and I was wondering if anyone of you would be able to help.
The gallery part of the website was supposed to be done through Online Picture Proof (onlinepictureproof.com)
But this gallery doesn't allow for digital downloads.
Ideally the customer should be able to visit the site, login with his/her unique pin number and see his/her photos.
He/she can then order the photos in different sizes.
But there should also be an option for an instant digital high-resolution download, after payment has been made.

Does any gallery websites allow this?

I use Photocart. It's an application that is loaded into my website, so I don't have to send clients away from my site, to Smugmug or some other site.

There are pros & cons, of course. With something like Smugmug, (I think) you can have them print the images and sent directly to the client...but they take their cut and you have to pay a monthly fee or something like that.
With Photocart, I paid for it once, and I don't pay any commission etc. However, I do have to process the orders myself, send them to the lab and ship/deliver them etc.

Thanks for both replies.
I've had a look at Smug Mug and it looks good.

Photocart looks really good!
Now I just have to convince the client to pay the one-off amount.
Only problem with Photocart is that there's no hosting (unlike Smug Mug).

Photocart you use the website provider to host it.

Try zenfolio also. But you have to pay annual fee also.

Hi again,

I've just realised that the client wants a gallery website, where the user can log in to the gallery and enter their code to see their photos.
They're not allowed to see the names or images of anyone else in this gallery (school photos).

Is this possible with Zenfolio or Smugmug?

I'd set up a test website for the client in Online Picture Proof, but when you log in to the gallery, you automatically see the names of the other albums in that category.

Ideally, I'm after a gallery which only charges a set price per month (or year) and not a percentage of sales.
Digital download of photos is not required anymore, after all.

Last edited:
I have set up dshop for digital downloads only. It is very easy to maintain. You could incorporate in your web site or redirect. Check out at easyjigsaw.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back