Question regarding amperage, voltage, and strobes

This is correct. What you can also do is look on your strobes to see what they draw. They should be UL-listed, and have the power information printed on them somewhere. If you have 5 of them and they are rated for .75A, or 750mA, then your total rating will be 4A, technically.

If you keep having problems, then at this point you can look into finding out what else is on that fuse- fridge, microwave, computer, tv, etc...- that will also be drawing current. Think about what you can move to another circuit on a different fuse, giving your more of a buffer.

Isn't the OP referring to the fuse in the strobe itself, rather than the fuse in the main board? (5 A is quite low for a mains strobe. For example my little Dyna-Lite UNI400JRs (400 Ws) take 8 A fuses and each of my larger Speedotrons has to be on its own separate circuit because of the current they draw when charging.)

Best,
Helen

Last edited:
indeed....it was the fuse in the strobe itself, not on the house board.

thanks again guys and gals!

...my larger Speedotrons has to be on its own separate circuit because of the current they draw when charging.)

WOW! I take it your studio was not wired to be a studio... but I'm still surprised because my very first studio was in my 40's townhouse without any special wiring and I never had a problem.

Most reactions

Back