Questioning about sharpening and printing photos

Stilltime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have some photos that I want to print. As part of the PP process I sharpened them a bit (using the software that came with the camera - Canon's Digital Photo Professional). Using that and the regular windows viewer the pictures look fine, but when uploaded to www.myfamily.com the sharpening (most notably on the hair) looks.. I don't know, "pixely". Like it's over done. But in any other viewer it looks fine.

In fact, I posted one of the pictures here for a C&C if that gives you any idea of what I'm thinking is fine.

Question is, I want to get them printed for Easter gifts, but the way they look on MyFamily have me wondering if I should fix them before having them printed.

Any thoughts?

I would advise against wearing black or white clothing. The white shirt competes to much with her face.

I would advise against wearing black or white clothing. The white shirt competes to much with her face.

Yeah, well, a wardrobe change in the middle of an impromptu "photo shoot" 25 minutes before she was getting picked up for a party was totally out of the question. I have a hard enough time getting her dressed once during the day, never mind for a second time. lol

But I totally know what you mean. The sweater does look really bright compared to her face.

Whenever you upload to a site like that, they may be altering your image...probably an automatic process. Likely because many people try to upload image directly from their cameras, which are much too big for easy & quick web viewing.

If your images have enough resolution and they look good on your computer, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Of course, the easy solution is just to get a few test prints done and see for yourself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back