Quick camping trip

fishing4sanity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Harvest is under way here on the farm. Some days start at 4 am before the onions get too hot, then the combines run until 10 or 11 pm while things are good and dry. We had a couple of days with nothing to harvest so my wife and I, along with my youngest son and daughter-in-law went camping. I enjoyed a little fishing & hiking with family and the fact that this canyon has no cell phone coverage! :icon_cheers:
20190730_095158-01-1.jpg

DSC_3309-1.jpg
DSC_3337-1.jpg
20190730_114303-01-1.jpg
20190730_075350-01.jpeg
20190730_123339-01-1.jpg

This part of eastern WA is away from any towns and very dark at night so I decided rather than sleep, I'd try my hand at getting a photo of the Milky Way. I was pretty happy with a few of the shots, but not sure if the biggest gains to improve these night shots is with the camera or in post-processing. It was a quick trip with less than 36 hours off the farm, but I was a little less grouchy the next morning at 4 am (I think).
DSC_3255-3.jpg

DSC_3270-Edit-1.jpg

Last edited:
Great set. I'm over north of Seattle and I love it out your way. A little hot in the summer for us but Spring and Fall we always take a trip out that way. Thanks for sharing. Cheers

Great set with interesting scenes. The last 2 are wall hangers for sure. Well spent down time!

Awesome set I agree the last to are really good...

Some great pics there, I'm always amazed with astrophotography! Curious as to what you use to track the stars and your thoughts on it, thanks!

Some great pics there, I'm always amazed with astrophotography! Curious as to what you use to track the stars and your thoughts on it, thanks!
I downloaded the PhotoPills app and it was nice to be able to use their 'Night AR' (AR - augmented reality?) feature to see when and where the Milky Way would be. The sky was so dark and clear in the canyon that night I could easily see where the Milky Way was located, but the app was nice to get an idea in the day where I wanted to be in the dark.

Sounds like a great time. The Milky Way looks nice.

The thistles, wilderness sign, and 1st milky-way nightscape are stand out photos for me.

Most reactions

Back