Quick landscape

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was on my way home from work yesterday and noticed a storm out over the ocean. So I pulled over for a few quick shots.

i-nSMc3jB-L.jpg

Very nice shot, although it did take me a few seconds to find the horizon.

WesternGuy

Oh, that's good. For such an empty photograph there's a lot in there. Very nicely done indeed!

Thanks. yup a lot going on in this picture.

Stormy seas are always interesting and powerful scenes, and your image is no different. If you don't mind, I have a few suggestions. I think that the composition would have been stronger had you gotten the camera closer to the surf to emphasize it more. Regarding the processing, there appears to be too much contrast in the scene. The clouds are blue, which is likely a white balance issue. I hope that you find these comments helpful.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Stormy seas are always interesting and powerful scenes, and your image is no different. If you don't mind, I have a few suggestions. I think that the composition would have been stronger had you gotten the camera closer to the surf to emphasize it more. Regarding the processing, there appears to be too much contrast in the scene. The clouds are blue, which is likely a white balance issue. I hope that you find these comments helpful.

Here is a tighter crop. I've already sold eight canvas prints of the original since yesterday. Hopefully this might have some interest also.

i-9k2Rmw8-L.jpg

Err, what storm? I hate to be a party pooper but all I see is heavily processed thin cloud (yes that is plain blue sky I can see through it; I can see the sunlight hitting the top of it, and a clear horizon beyond it) and some gentle waves lapping on the beach.

I'm not saying anything about the artistic merit of this photo, but I'm a little tired of these over-processed 'normal' skies that suddenly and invariably become storms at the twist of a few sliders.

I've seen a few storms but they didn't look anything like the above.

Err, what storm? I hate to be a party pooper but all I see is heavily processed thin cloud (yes that is plain blue sky I can see through it; I can see the sunlight hitting the top of it, and a clear horizon beyond it) and some gentle waves lapping on the beach.

I'm not saying anything about the artistic merit of this photo, but I'm a little tired of these over-processed 'normal' skies that suddenly and invariably become storms at the twist of a few sliders.

I've seen a few storms but they didn't look anything like the above.

Thanks for the comment Tim. This was part of a small storm that hang over Cape Cod for a few days.

These are from my side of Cape Cod Bay 2 days before.
i-3T2mmx5-L.jpg

i-vzhQw4g-L.jpg

The first crop is the best, it's the transitions of the water as it rolls towards you and draws back that I find interesting. The other shots I would call a storm. :)

Most reactions

Back