Qutub Shahi Tombs

neptune000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A little background first and the pics follow

The Qutub Shahi dynasty formed out of the five fragments of the Bahmani Kingdom was founded in the year 1518 by Sultan Quli who added many buildings to Golconda and strengthened its fortification.
The magnificent monuments which stood the test of time and vagaries of nature, are the tombs erected to the memory of the departed kings of Golconda. The grandeur of their appearance as the mute and solemn reminders of the glorious days of Golconda and the great historical personalities whose mortal remains were interred therein, their architectural excellence must appeal even to the most un-impressionable visitor.
The tombs and other buildings of the Qutub Shahi Kings mark the evolution of a new architectural style. It is a mixture of Persian, Pathan and Hindu forms. the principal material used in the construction of the tomb is grey granite, embellished with stucco decoration wherever necessary.

1>

2256994995_59c3bb83b2.jpg

2>

2251276036_3e436e3b09.jpg

3>

2246186539_c638393e1c.jpg

4>

2261858519_42798e2402.jpg

5>

2246177427_50a89d1c04.jpg

6>

2261857269_f0e894f518.jpg

7>

2246182589_a83723a5b9.jpg

Great shots, just love the architecture.

Some great shot there. :thumbup:

#2 Missed the top of the tower and #5 just rotate it slightly so the buildig is absolutely vertical. Otherwise, great series. :)

Great series! Wow. And the light was really good! All the detail stands out nicely.
On Sunday, my sister's coming back home from her trip to India and I'm sure I'll be seeing A LOT OF photos of the kind when I go to see her next week on Friday!

Some great shot there. :thumbup:

#2 Missed the top of the tower and #5 just rotate it slightly so the buildig is absolutely vertical. Otherwise, great series. :)

reg #2, ya even I think so on hindsight.. well..
and #5 is actually straight, if we try to make the building straight, the dome will be slanting, I was actually crouching in some wild scrub and hoping a snake wont get me while composing this one.

Great series! Wow. And the light was really good! All the detail stands out nicely.
On Sunday, my sister's coming back home from her trip to India and I'm sure I'll be seeing A LOT OF photos of the kind when I go to see her next week on Friday!

Cool... India is such a vast place that in all my life haven't seen more than a 10th of it, if that. planning to do an all India tour in a couple of months - to cover everything from deserts to beaches to forests to wildlife parks.
Anybody wanna join? ;)
Is there some one who's been to Bhutan yet? I need some pointers reg the place.

Thanks a lot for all the comments!

Most reactions

Back