Racine Zoo WI. Some photos from yesterday.

darkpbstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here they are. By the way, this tiger you see was right in front of the glass on the other side eating some raw meat, and I was right on the other side of the glass, he/she looked up, and jumped on the glass. I jumped back and said a few choice words that described my startled response. I missed the shot because I was so thrown off guard, but what an experience!
I'll post more tomorrow, but it's 1:15 am and I need to sleep. Check out these few for now.
#1. Tiger pacing like tigers do.
DSC_0073.jpg

#2. Baby Meerkat, there are about 5 babies, and were born in April.
DSC_0015-3.jpg

#4. Monkeys. Don't know what species unfortunately, I should have looked. Sorry:
DSC_0098.jpg

I like your photos! Some will dislike them automatically cause they're zoo shots, but the last time I checked, there aren't too many meerkats running around Racine. :)

The bars are somewhat distracting in #1, but that's okay, cause there's really not much you could do about it. The second one is cool, but you can see people's shadows. I don't know how much you're into cloning, but if you could clone the background so the shadows aren't in the shape of people, that would be neat (cause then no one would know any better). The third photo is my favorite. I don't know what to do to improve it, so maybe someone else can come by and help you out.

BTW, my criticism is intended to be positive. I'm just trying to help as much as I can towards your learning process, so please don't take it as an insult to your ability. Even though I recognize some "no-nos" in your photos, doesn't mean I don't make them myself in my own work. And no matter who we are, we can become more artistically sound.

thank you Senor Hound, I appreciate the C&C, and I do not take them the wrong way, I appreciate it all. I agree with the shadows in #2. I too really like the 2 monkeys, the one on the right just makes me laugh everytime I look at it. THanks again!

Most reactions

Back