Landscape and ultrawide photog looking for help choosing a new camera system from scratch

After spending some time looking at the lens selection for Nikon, I see that is no limitation. My used D800 is now in my hands. Lots of good and inexpensive glass out there. Planning to get some second hand Sigma Art lenses, but that will take some time.

I got the body and original vertical grip all in original packaging for ~900 USD. The prices may be a little higher in Norway than elsewhere, as this was definitely the best deal on this equipment that I saw. As a plus, I bought it from a very nice guy from my home town who just upgraded to a D850.

First impression when comparing it to a borrowed Canon EOS 550D that I've been using the last few years.......... it's difficult to find the words that will explain the sensations I feel in my body when I hold the D800 in my hands and feel it.

Attachments

• IMG_9427.JPG
    IMG_9427.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
Congratulations! You have a fine camera, with a battery grip and vertical release. I think the price for the package was very reasonable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back