What's new

Railway/Streetcar Graveyard

BlackSheep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
1,580
Reaction score
230
Location
Woodbridge, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We visited a little outdoor streetcar/bus/railcar museum last summer, I just wanted to share a few of what I got. I'm thinking of printing them up as a series:

1.
Streetcar1_zpsc016bb40.jpg
 
B&W...all of them...or more saturated color.
 
Not bad, I kinda like these sorts of series.

Are you certain this was a museum though? Looks more like a place where unwanted stuff is left out to become nothing but rust stains in the grass.
 
I like 1 a lot, but I think it would be even better without any sky. Did you take any at different angles?
 
Some of these, like #3, would benefit from HDR processing.
 
You won't hear this often from me, but I'd love to see these with more saturation :)

Cool collection overall, but the last one is my favourite by a landslide – could be used as exhibit A every time someone says that photos with power lines never work.
 
Model climbing that ladder in jeans/heels or such may contribute tremendously too
bigthumb.gif
 
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Haha, Patrice, it was sort of a museum, at least they charged us admission! They did have a bunch of restored cars in a big barn, but I didn't get any good shots of those ones, they were too clean for my tastes. The ones you see in my shots were stored outside waiting to be restored, I think.

Thanks Invisible and ceeboy for the suggestion to add saturation. The originals were "true" to what I saw, so I initially didn't want to change that. But I tried it, and you guys were dead right - I really like them better now - thank you! Here's a couple:

xxStreetcar4_zpsac7548c8.jpg


xxStreetcar3_zps4a163365.jpg


xxStreetcar5_zps2d7b422c.jpg


And Ken, thanks for your comment on #1. I did get a few shots without the sky, but they didn't look as good. The shots with the sky made the car shiny. Didn't get that in the shade, here's one:

xxDSC02197_zpsc89083db.jpg


And 2wheelphoto, lol, I'll try to rustle up a pretty girl for you on my next submission :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom