Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
001.jpg

002.jpg

Nikon D50, kitlens.

Was there a train going by when you exposed for the first?
Or where do the horizontal stripes come from? Clever composition. I like it.

But I also quite like the very "confusion" of the second, for that is what some stations with many, many tracks leading out of them look like. Well captured at night.

The white balance is a topic of its own with these two ... I wonder what cooler photos (colour temperature-wise) would look like...

I am more fond of the second one as well the confusion spreads the attention over the whole image as opposed to a single point. I do feel the need to ask, the bright foremost light, is that natural light (as in light cast from a light at the station) or a flash?

Was there a train going by when you exposed for the first?
Or where do the horizontal stripes come from? Clever composition. I like it.

I have to assume those are power lines.

Yes, the lines in the first picture are electric cables hangin in the air.

All the light is natural light I guess, I didn't use flash.
But the tracks are lighted by normal lamps on top of pilars.

I like warmtoned pictures, I shot these images in RAW format and with the Adobe Camera Raw Plugin, I managed the temperature and lens vignetting etc a bit with that plugin...

It was my firt time experiment with RAW format, therefore I used to take pics in .JPG
So I don't know if i'm doing the right stuff... maybe it's better with cold toned colors.

No... that is a matter of taste, really. Somehow I feel that empty railroads at night are a "colder" thing (but that is what I think! You may find them "pretty hot" ;) ;) ;) ).

Hot rails !
Wheels on fire, burn the night, ride across the sky !
Wheels on fire, burning bright, we live to ride ! whaaaaaa !!
- Manowar -

Yes, the lines in the first picture are electric cables hangin in the air.

All the light is natural light I guess, I didn't use flash.
But the tracks are lighted by normal lamps on top of pilars.

I understand the confusion, most people think Natural light = sun/moon light, artificial light = man made light and they are correct. I tend to deem any light that is a part of the photo not created by the photographer by means of flash, light box or other means as a form of naturally occurring especially when photographing man made scenery and structures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back